- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
today a teacher I’ve known for years and deeply respect called my mom’s phone asking for my brother. I picked up the phone.
Now, picture this: I’m 19 years old, and my brain is running at 200 mph trying to sound polite, perfectly articulate, and composed for this teacher. What does my overthinking brain decide to produce instead?
'Hello! Ah, my brother? Yes, I am his BROTHER.'
Y’all, I am a 19-year-old girl. My mom was standing RIGHT NEXT TO ME when I said it.
The micro-second of absolute, deafening silence on the line after I said that felt like three whole business days. I immediately corrected myself, passed the message, and hung up as fast as I could, but the emotional damage was already done.
My brain has been replaying this 10-second glitch in 4K resolution for hours. Please tell me I’m not the only one who has completely ruined their dignity in front of someone they respect over a stupid slip of the tongue. Drop your worst brain-fart stories in the comments so I know I’m not alone!
TL;DR: I accidentally told my respected teacher that I’m my brother’s brother instead of sister. Now my brain is replaying this 10-second mistake forever and I want to evaporate from embarrassment.
Comments
Post a Comment