Skip to main content

TIFU by actually hurting myself while making a joke

I have a dead-end job, like the rest of the world right now, but I’m here and making it work. Sometimes when I get fed up, I will mime bashing my head into things like I’m ready to take myself out. I will either do it very softly, stop myself before hitting my skull, or put my hand down on the object so no harm done. I don’t actually aim to hurt myself here.

Today started off as a trying day- I had a disappointing morning and was stuck answering questions from my manager, who often asks repetitive and pointless stuff. It’s just myself and my two coworkers on the team, and we are very short staffed, so our team of three is doing work for what should be a team of eight. It can get stressful very easily. I left my manager’s cubicle and walked over to my coworker’s, and she sits next to a solid row of cabinets, with very hard wooden tops. I’ve mimed banging my head against them before, so when my coworker looked up at me, I went to do it again.

My dear readers- I misjudged the distance of the cabinet. So making direct eye contact with my poor coworker, I proceeded to rear my head back and crack my forehead into the wood of this cabinet with a very solid THUNK. I wasn’t expecting it either, so all of the sudden, I actually hit my head, and I stood up clutching it in pain.

My coworker has been clowning me all day telling me how funny I am- no amount of me saying, “I DIDN’T MEAN TO DO THAT,” is working. My face is still sore.

TL;DR: mimed hitting my head to make my coworker laugh, actually cracked my face against a hard cabinet. Ouch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU By Fumbling My Gym Crush

I've never posted on Reddit before so apologies if anything is off. I (F) had a crush on a man at my gym for months. We would make extended eye contact frequently, workout in proximity, the usual gym things that get over analyzed when you like someone. He's wildly handsome, but I liked his vibe. A lot. It's hard to explain when someone's energy just hits different but his did. One day he started coming in with a woman. The day I saw her with him, he and I actually stared at each other from across the room for a while, and I turned and walked away because obviously gym rules - that's his girlfriend until I'm told otherwise. The eye contact continues and so does the proximity but I've dialed back completely because in my head, he has a girl and I am no home wrecker. Well, recently, on a Sunday, I was having a real shit day. I accidentally hurt my shoulder so my back day was all off, my body wasn't cooperating, the gym was packed - all I wanted to do w...

TIFU by getting called racist for not handing cash to a customer

today I (F18) fucked up by worked a long ahh shift and got put on register. I never hand money in people’s hands as customers have yelled at me for it, and i think it’s germy so I scoot it towards them as a sign of respect. this lady came in and after i did that she goes “Imma need you to do that again and put it in my hand, you did this last time too don’t you know it’s disrespectful” (meanwhile i haven’t worked register in 2 months at said job and didn’t recognize her) so i apologize, and then cuz it’s call off time i go talk to my boss about it and they all agree with me. apparently though she told my keyholder who’s a poc i was being RACIST by not touching her. so i got told i need to do better even though i didn’t do anything. she was insinuating i was a racist. idk if i should quit or what but i fucked up. TL;DR: i’m a dumbass

TIFU by taking my cat to the vet an hour and a half away.

So, I had to take my cat to the vet to get neutered and decided to schedule an appointment at a vet that was close to my brother so I could spend some time with him. I frequently drive with my cat so he is pretty tame but I have never taken him for that length of time before so I put him in his kennel. The drive was going great no issues. UNTIL I was maybe 20 minutes away from the vet. I was listening to music and I started to smell something awful. At first I thought maybe I was driving by cows or some kind of animal until I look over and see my cat walking in circles with poop all over him. It was disgusting I didn’t know what to do so I rolled the windows down to try and breath through the stench. I was able to pull over for a second and took the top layer of the pee pad out of the kennel so I could get rid of some of the smell. I continued on my way to the vet and about 2 minutes away from getting there he does it again. The issue here is I guess I didn’t close the kennel all the ...