Skip to main content

TIFU by drinking apple juice

First time posting here so here goes. Over the past few months I've been trying to bulk up more. I don't have a huge appetite so I've been researching small ways to increase my calorie consumption in ways that I could tolerate it.

Some of these small hacks included adding condiments and sides to meals, having dense snacks throughout the day, or replacing water with juices or smoothies.

The last one produced this wonderful story. I'd gone grocery store shopping to pick up my protein powder, frozen fruits, and juice, yes, apple juice specifically.

Anyway, one day work I came home feeling so thirsty. It was a hot day in the middle of summer which didnt help. Got dinner ready, and as I was taking a glass out of the cabinet, I thought to myself "you know what, this would be a good time to do what the internet recommended"

Put my water pitcher back in the fridge and got out the apple juice. Ended up drinking 4, maybe 5 good-sized glasses of juice and felt pretty good.

My god I was so wrong.

Within 30 minutes, I felt my stomach cramp. Hard. To the point it brought me to my knees.

Breathing got faster. I could NOT expand my stomach enough to breathe because of how tight my belly got. Started sweating too and felt hot all over.

I dunno what I thought was going on, but all I knew was that I needed to get to the bathroom. Immediately.

Made it just in time. Otherwise I dont think I could have dealt with what was coming out.

You know how sometimes if youre not sure if milk has gone bad or not? So you either do a sniff test or pour a small amount out to see what it looks like?

Well, that ungodly type of mix of liquid/solid was released by my mortal vessel. Sloshing around my stomach before I let it out while my toilet cried for mercy.

And it would not. Fucking. Stop.

I mustve spent at LEAST an hour in a mix of sweating, shitting, and hugging my belly to get it to stop. Alas, it would not.

Did I think to go to the ER or something? Yes, but I didnt think I'd make it two steps before shitting everywhere. And I didnt want my lowest point to be bent down on my knees scrubbing my own shit off the floor while I questioned every life decision that led to that point.

Like any healthy adult, I would rather keep my lowest point to be borderline crying in the bathroom in private while my intestines went to war. And I did just that. Pretty proud if I do say so.

Eventually I felt things slow down enough to get up and salute my toilet. Felt like that Spongebob episode after patrick destroys squidwards bathroom. Only then did I google what the fuck happened to me.

In short, apple juice has a LOT of sugar. Fructose and sorbitol especially. And the body cant handle or digest lots of those sugars all at once. So, they run through your gut and pull water into your intestines while they make you regret your life choices.

Apparently, 8oz is recommended per DAY. I mustve drank at least >24oz just that night soooo that explains that.

TL;DR: Downed too much apple juice and accidentally gave myself an hour-long explosive diarrhea session.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU By Fumbling My Gym Crush

I've never posted on Reddit before so apologies if anything is off. I (F) had a crush on a man at my gym for months. We would make extended eye contact frequently, workout in proximity, the usual gym things that get over analyzed when you like someone. He's wildly handsome, but I liked his vibe. A lot. It's hard to explain when someone's energy just hits different but his did. One day he started coming in with a woman. The day I saw her with him, he and I actually stared at each other from across the room for a while, and I turned and walked away because obviously gym rules - that's his girlfriend until I'm told otherwise. The eye contact continues and so does the proximity but I've dialed back completely because in my head, he has a girl and I am no home wrecker. Well, recently, on a Sunday, I was having a real shit day. I accidentally hurt my shoulder so my back day was all off, my body wasn't cooperating, the gym was packed - all I wanted to do w...

TIFU by getting called racist for not handing cash to a customer

today I (F18) fucked up by worked a long ahh shift and got put on register. I never hand money in people’s hands as customers have yelled at me for it, and i think it’s germy so I scoot it towards them as a sign of respect. this lady came in and after i did that she goes “Imma need you to do that again and put it in my hand, you did this last time too don’t you know it’s disrespectful” (meanwhile i haven’t worked register in 2 months at said job and didn’t recognize her) so i apologize, and then cuz it’s call off time i go talk to my boss about it and they all agree with me. apparently though she told my keyholder who’s a poc i was being RACIST by not touching her. so i got told i need to do better even though i didn’t do anything. she was insinuating i was a racist. idk if i should quit or what but i fucked up. TL;DR: i’m a dumbass