- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I've had this crappy broken keychain forever, so I clipped my keys onto one of those retractable badge reels I had sitting in a drawer.
Actually thought I was pretty clever.
Got home carrying groceries, pulled the reel out to scan my building fob next to the elevator and the little cord snapped. My keys hit the floor, bounced once, and somehow landed perfectly in the tiny gap between the elevator and the floor.
I just stood there listening to them hit metal a few times on the way down.
The worst part is my apartment key, mailbox key, building fob and spare car key are all on the same ring because apparently I believe in putting every possible problem in one convenient location.
Building manager says they can't just open the elevator pit and grab them, so now an elevator technician has to come out.
I'm currently sitting outside my own apartment with two bags of slowly warming groceries wondering why I ever thought the badge reel was a good idea.
TLDR: used an old retractable badge reel for my keys. it snapped and launched every important key I own down an elevator shaft.
Comments
Post a Comment