Skip to main content

TIFU by getting my apartment and car keys caught on a trash bag I was throwing in the dumpster

As the title says. I'm going out of town for the night, and was throwing a bag of cat litter away into my apartments dumpster before I left. It was heavy, and the dumpster lip is high. I was wearing my keys on a lanyard around my neck because I don't have pockets. The bag is too heavy for me to lift above my head, so I always get some momentum going by swinging and tossing it in.

Well, today the bag somehow caught some of my keys, and I think the ring that was holding my car key, my apartment key, and mailbox key broke. I felt it catch my lanyard, but the momentum was already in full swing. It was too late to stop. As I finished the toss, I saw a few small objects go flying into the trash. Immediately checked my lanyard, and sure enough. My work keys are still there thankfully.

We don't have a maintenance line to call at my building (only email or paperwork at the office) so I called the office building. It was closed because its Sunday, but I decided to connect to the building offices emergency line because it felt like an emergency. I was promptly told that my lost keys are not an emergency. I guess that makes sense, personal problem and all, but still. The dumpster goes out tomorrow, so I thought it was an emergency. Idk what I even expected them to do though. To top it all off, they might charge me for calling their emergency line.

TL;DR TIFU by getting my car fob, apartment key, and mailbox key lost in a dumpster as I was throwing something away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU By Fumbling My Gym Crush

I've never posted on Reddit before so apologies if anything is off. I (F) had a crush on a man at my gym for months. We would make extended eye contact frequently, workout in proximity, the usual gym things that get over analyzed when you like someone. He's wildly handsome, but I liked his vibe. A lot. It's hard to explain when someone's energy just hits different but his did. One day he started coming in with a woman. The day I saw her with him, he and I actually stared at each other from across the room for a while, and I turned and walked away because obviously gym rules - that's his girlfriend until I'm told otherwise. The eye contact continues and so does the proximity but I've dialed back completely because in my head, he has a girl and I am no home wrecker. Well, recently, on a Sunday, I was having a real shit day. I accidentally hurt my shoulder so my back day was all off, my body wasn't cooperating, the gym was packed - all I wanted to do w...

TIFU by getting called racist for not handing cash to a customer

today I (F18) fucked up by worked a long ahh shift and got put on register. I never hand money in people’s hands as customers have yelled at me for it, and i think it’s germy so I scoot it towards them as a sign of respect. this lady came in and after i did that she goes “Imma need you to do that again and put it in my hand, you did this last time too don’t you know it’s disrespectful” (meanwhile i haven’t worked register in 2 months at said job and didn’t recognize her) so i apologize, and then cuz it’s call off time i go talk to my boss about it and they all agree with me. apparently though she told my keyholder who’s a poc i was being RACIST by not touching her. so i got told i need to do better even though i didn’t do anything. she was insinuating i was a racist. idk if i should quit or what but i fucked up. TL;DR: i’m a dumbass