- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
TIFU by letting Siri brainwash me into a country music fan
Every single time I try to catch up on my messages, the exact same tragedy unfolds:
Me: "Siri, play my texts."
Siri (with zero hesitation): "Playing Choosin' Texas by Ella Langley."
Me: "NO, Siri, stop! Play my TEXTS. T-E-X-T-S!"
Siri: 🎵 Choosin' Texas... 🎵
I don't even like country music. Or at least, I didn't. But after getting into a screaming match with a virtual assistant a dozen times a day, something snapped. I tried enunciating. I tried doing a crisp, theatrical British accent. I tried whispering it directly into the microphone like a secret agent.
Doesn't matter. Siri is relentless. She has one mission, and that mission is Ella Langley.
At this point, I think Siri is actually getting paid under the table by Nashville executives. It’s a psychological operation, and it worked. Last night, Choosin' Texas played for the 14th time against my will, and instead of yelling at my phone... I caught myself tapping my steering wheel. By verse two, I was singing along.
I still haven't heard a single one of my unread text messages, but honestly? Absolute banger. 10/10 marketing strategy.
TL;DR: I repeatedly asked Siri to "play my texts," but she misheard me and forced me to listen to "Choosin' Texas" by Ella Langley so many times that I gave up hating country music and became a fan.
Comments
Post a Comment