- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Yesterday we had a team call and my manager was sharing his screen.
He minimized a window and his Outlook calendar showed for two seconds. I saw an appointment for the next morning with HR and Chris's name in it. The title was cut off, but I could see the word “exit.”
Chris is a guy on my team.
I assumed he was either quitting or getting fired.
After the call I mentioned it to one coworker I'm close with. She told someone else, and by the next morning several people thought Chris was leaving.
Chris came into work like normal.
He asked me why everyone was acting weird around him and I said, “I thought you already knew about the HR thing.”
His face changed.
He had no idea what I was talking about.
Now he thought he was about to get fired. He started asking what I saw, whether I'd heard anything from management, and why HR wanted to meet with him.
We found out someone else on the team was leaving and Chris was taking over part of their work. The meeting was an exit handover with HR so they could sort out access, responsibilities and what needed to be transferred.
Chris wasn't leaving.
I saw his name next to the word “exit” for two seconds and invented the rest.
He spent the rest of the day telling people I had insider information about their jobs.
TL;DR: Saw my manager's calendar during a screen share, noticed my coworker's name next to “exit,” assumed he was getting fired and convinced him and several coworkers it was happening.
Comments
Post a Comment