- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
A few months ago I sold an old desk on marketplace because I was clearing out a bunch of furniture. Figured I might as well sell stuff I wasn't using instead of throwing it away.
Guy came to my house, looked at the desk, paid me, and we carried it out to his truck. Completely normal interaction.
Today I randomly remembered something that made my stomach drop.
A long time ago I taped a spare key to my house underneath that desk.
Not as a lockout key or anything, it was literally just where I decided to hide the spare because I didn't want it sitting in an obvious drawer. Eventually I completely forgot it was there.
So I sold a stranger a desk with a key to my house attached to the bottom of it.
And he picked the desk up from my house, so he knows exactly which door the key opens.
Nothing has happened this whole time, which I'm very thankful for, but I'm getting my locks changed now because there's no way I'm taking any chances after remembering this.
I genuinely can't believe I went months without even thinking about it.
TL;DR: Sold my desk months ago with a spare house key taped underneath it and only remembered today. Nothing happened thankfully, but the buyer picked it up from my house, so I'm changing my locks.
Comments
Post a Comment