- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Soo I work with a brand and we frequently do collabs with influencers and creators. They go live with our products and we hook them up with exclusive discounts that only work during their live stream. A few days ago, we had this new creator doing her first live with our brand. I set everything up ahead of time. She's in a different timezone so when her live kicked off, she announced the discounts... and when people started adding stuff to their carts, the discounts just didn't apply. She messaged me but I wasn't around. I didn't see it until the next day. Some people from her audience reported her for deceptive pricing and the platform tanked her visibility for a few weeks. How my seniors compensated her is a whole other story.
Then next day, we had another exclusive live with a creator who's a big name in her niche. Like, she has several hundred thousand followers. Same exact thing happened. She announced the discounts, they didn't work. Luckily I was online this time and jumped on it, but it took a solid hour to fix. By then the damage was already done. The next day she went reach out to my ceo about how she lost credibility with her followers. honestly It was my fault. I didn't pay attention to the discount settings and they didn't work. I feel terrible for both of them. I'm seriously thinking about asking my employer to dock my pay and give it to them as compensation.
Tldr: I set wrong discount settings before two creators' live streamings. The agreed discounts didn't work, both got burned. One got reported and lost visibility for a few weeks, the other lost a bit of credibility with her followers.
Comments
Post a Comment