- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I had an Amazon return and stopped at one of those lockers inside a grocery store on my way home.
The locker opened, I had my phone in one hand and the box in the other, so I put my keys down inside the compartment for literally two seconds while I scanned everything.
Put the box in, closed the door, return confirmed.
Then I reached into my pocket for my keys.
I just stared at the locker.
My car key and apartment key were sitting inside the compartment I had just permanently closed.
I asked an employee if they could open it and apparently the store has zero control over the Amazon lockers. Called Amazon and after getting transferred around I was told they couldn't remotely reopen a completed return either.
So my keys were now sitting inside a metal box waiting to be collected with a phone case I didn't want anymore.
I had to Uber home, get my spare apartment key from my sister, grab my spare car key, Uber back and leave a note with the store in case the Amazon driver somehow found my keys before support contacted them.
They eventually called me after the locker was emptied and I got the keys back.
TL;DR: Put my keys down inside an Amazon return locker while scanning a package, closed the door without picking them back up, and accidentally returned my car and apartment keys along with a phone case.
Comments
Post a Comment