- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I went to a theme park today. It was a really cool park that also had a water park attached. I had been looking forward to it for a while, but unfortunately it got a little complicated.
My period came early. No big deal, my friend had a pad. However, I knew that if I wanted to go to the waterpark later on I would need to locate a tampon.
I checked the dispenser in the bathroom. 50 cents, and I didn't have quarters on me of course. I did have a little bit of cash on me luckily. A five and a ten.
I decided to go to a vending machine and throw in a five. I hoped it would dispense quarters. I put in my five, bought a drink, and heard coins fall out. Yes! I pulled out the coins and they are... dollar coins. Are you kidding me?
Well. I now have a ten dollar bill and two dollar coins. The dispenser doesn't accept any of those. My next move was to look for a change machine, which I should have done in the first place.
I get to the change machine and... it only accepted one dollar bills. Not dollar coins. WHO EVEN USES DOLLAR COINS?!
Alright. Onto the next plan. I decided to go try to find a vendor to exchange my money for quarters. I found a food vendor and.... they aren't allowed to make change for anyone or do exchanges. I'm a cashier myself so I understand the reasoning and thanked the person anyway, but it was still frustrating.
It's been quite a while at this point, and my friend is wanting to go to the water park, which I currently can't go to. I had one more idea before asking for help from strangers. Buy something with my ten and hope they give me the change I need. No idea why I didnt try buying something from the previous food vendor, but I'm not the brightest sometimes.
I ended up going to an ice cream stand, and bought some ice cream for 7.50. I asked the girl if she could give me my change in quarters, and she came in clutch and gave me $2.50 in quarters. I'm saved. Thank you random ice cream girl.
Sanitary producrs should be free, and dollar coins are now the bane of my existence.
TL;DR: I didn't bring tampons to the water park, did not bring change to buy more, and had to spend a while trying multiple different things to get quarters.
Comments
Post a Comment