- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
This is going to be a bit gross… you’ve been warned. A bit of context. I (26F) am almost 7 weeks postpartum. Around 5 weeks P.P. My menstrual cycle started up again. This is unusually early but not unheard of.
I knew that the flow would be really heavy since it was my first cycle since the baby. And it was.
Flash forward a several days after it began. My boyfriend (30M) and I decided to go out and bar hop while my parents watched the kids. We had a lot of fun and decided to stay at a hotel, because we didn’t feel fit to drive. We were up until about four in the morning before we went to bed.
Before we left the hotel I had taken out my cup to clean it. We were both exhausted and decided to grab food and coffee. I realized that I was starting to bleed through my jeans and panicked thinking I’d left my cup at the hotel.
Too embarrassed to go back, I ran to Walmart to get tampons, and put one in.
My period began to stretch in days 9, 10 and 11. My flow became dark and started to uhhh… smell. Today is day 13 and I finally called my OBGYN. They said I probably had something left inside from giving birth and scheduled an ultrasound for tomorrow.
Today my boyfriend and I had some time to ourselves while our oldest was at school. Of course it was sexy time.
We had just started our fun time when my boyfriend got concerned. He asked if he could “look inside”. I laughed because it was such a weird request. He grabbed a flash light and proceeded to shine it into my hoo-haa.
I guess it was a good thing he did, because he then said, “I found your cup.” I have never been so embarrassed in my life. He told me he could take it out but we need to lay down towels and go to the bathroom.
So there I was, ass up and my face on the bathroom floor next to our toilet. He put on a latex glove and snapped it on saying he was “going in”.
After some digging he managed to pull it out. There was blood everywhere. Good news is my cycle is done. Bad news is that I’m going to have to explain this to my OB…
TL;DR: In my sleep deprivation I forgot I had put in my menstrual cup, left it in for almost a week, and had to have my boyfriend dig it out.
Comments
Post a Comment