- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Ok so this was actually today and it's not the most interesting thing but maybe someone will get a laugh from it. The basics are that my company is moving me to a different cubicle so I've had to pack everything up in preparation. I only rarely have to be on site since the pandemic but when I am on site there is specific stuff I need (to enter the clean room).
Knowing myself for the idiot I am I did not want to take this stuff home because I would 100% forget to bring it with me when I needed it. I also needed to pack my cubicle way in advance in case I didn't get back on site before the move (~30-40 minute commute). So knowing my tendencies I specifically decided to leave the stuff at work but packed in a moving box ready for the move.
Now we come to today. I end up needing to be on site. I get to work and my clean room stuff isn't in the specific spot I usually leave it. Immediately my brain goes "Of course moron the move. You knew this would happen." And I just accept my stupidity and spend about 2 hours at my desk not in the clean room trying to make the trip worth it.
Eventually I decide it's time to disconnect my desktop computer for the move since the facilities people asked me to do that. I get it all unplugged and decide to start putting things in the moving boxes. First box I open has my clean room stuff right on top and my brain finally remembers "Oh yeah you did that because you know you're a forgetful idiot."
TL;DR I forgot that I preemptively planned for my forgetfulness and wasted two hours.
Comments
Post a Comment