- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
TL;DR: After talking about South Park with 4 of 5 guys at the bar, I said "Timmy!" like the Timmy character from South Park to the bartender named Timmy, to have the 5th guy who is blind have a go at me for the way I said "Timmy".
Put the TL;DR at the front of the post just to make the punchline and context before I go into detail about what just happened. So here we go.
I finished work and decided to go down the pub to see the normal crew of tradies that had knocked off work today. We were playing pool, sinking beers, and just have a good Humpday afternoon.
An hour in to the shenanigans, a blind man and his guide dog come in to the pub. Nothing really to note on any other day, but as I said, it devolved from a fun time to an awkward time within a very quick time because of the combination of us and what happens later.
Whole time old mates here, we are all chatting about and getting along, and I was helping him out find his drink, where the doors were and the restroom. A real good time amongst people at a bar. All of us just living the dream.
Now comes the fun... We got on to the conversation of South Park, and all us guys were brought up in the time when South Park was big of our up bringing. We are all laughing and quoting South Park(some of the more vanilla quotes) and just having fun. Old mate was giggling along with most of but now in hindsight, it was probably from just the crude jokes and not the context of being South Park.
So, in a lull from the jokes, I notice my beer is empty and want to get another one, so I say "Oi, Timmy" to the young bloke behind the bar to try and get a new beer. But he had his back to me and was leaning against the bar day dreaming (as we all did when we started working). So to get his attention, I started saying "Timmy" louder and louder and more like Timmy from South Park.
Old mate didnt like this one and yells at me "DO YOU FIND THAT FUNNY!"... I was extremely taking aback by it, but then before making an ever bigger FU, I bit my tongue before I was half way through the sentence "Haven't you seen South Park?", because I realised who I was replying to.
I haven't had such an awkward moment in a while, I just sat there, blindsided and a bit tipsy, and said I was sorry for any offence and that Timmy was a character from the show, but that does not excuse me because they didnt know the context.
Comments
Post a Comment