- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
So I had a ticket for doing 65 in a 50 which I completely forgot about. I was driving and got pulled over for doing 55 in a 50, I said ok, not that big of a deal I will pay it, it was not dangerous level speeding. But nope, it was not that simple, the cop tells me that they have a warrant out for my arrest. I am baffled and then I realize why, I tell him what happened and he tells me that he has no choice but to arrest me.
I am taken to jail, I am patted down and all my stuff is taken. I am put in a big cell with maybe 20 other women. I wait there for like 2 hours. Then they take me to a back room and there I have to get naked. Fully. I have to bend over, spread my cheeks and cough. It was degrading. They make me wear a uniform and slides. I cannot wear ANY of my clothes not even socks, shoes or underwear.
Then they take my fingerprints and my mugshot and ask me a bunch of question. After about 45 minutes I am taken to my cell. It had 4 concrete slabs as beds, a gym mat on them, a metal toilet-sink combo and a window which was very narrow like 6 inches wide and 3-4 feet tall. 3 women were already in there.
I have to stay there for 2 days and was then taken to court, on the way there I was fully shackled. My hands were handcuffed and handcuffs were attached to a belly chain, I was also restrained with leg irons. After about 5 hours of waiting in court the judge lets me go and I sort out all of my fines and my warrant paperwork. I am finally free.
TL;DR: I forgot about a speeding ticket, had a warrant issued, got arrested and spent 2 days in jail.
No need to downvote if you think I am not taking responsibility, I am not denying my guilt that was already settled in court and I accept it, I just wanted to share a bit and also believe it was a bit over the top when I could have just paid both fines right then if they let me.
Comments
Post a Comment