- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I work in the finance industry - specifically at a hedge fund. I am on the marketing/investor communications team and handle a lot of stuff that goes out to clients constantly. Today, I was preparing our invitations to our firm's webinars. I diligently went through the invitation, double-checking all the dates, making sure there were no typos, and, in general, being very careful to ensure nothing was wrong. I felt accomplished with the final result because it was error-free. I continued the usual process of preparing these materials, sending them out to our external distributors, etc. I also prepared the same thing in our program to send to specific distribution lists. I could have sworn I checked everything twice. I could have sworn it was all correct. I sent it out only to start receiving a flurry of emails pointing out that I had the same date twice for both webinars instead of the two separate dates. I am gutted; I feel like I let my team down. I am hiding in the bathroom because I cannot bring myself together. The official invitation was correct, and the hyperlinks brought people to the correct registrations, which displayed the correct dates. But the body of the email has two sets of the same date instead of the two consecutive days. It's not a big deal- I doubt most people would notice, but for some reason, this has sent me spiraling. My direct supervisor even emailed me, stating she didn't understand what happened and why I got this wrong. I know I won't lose my job, but important people made some sermi-public emails about it. I fucked up, I know I fucked up. I just wish something as tiny as this mistake wouldn't be blown so far out of proportion.
TLDR: an email I put together that was sent out to clients had the wrong date, despite all other official correspondence being correct.
Comments
Post a Comment