Skip to main content

TIFU by investigating houses with no windows

So this happened today... I was going to a friend place but I arrived early and he wasn't there. I should wait for 15 minutes because he went for grocery shopping.

I decided to walk around to kill this time, and while walking I saw a building with no windows... absolutely 0 windows in a residential area.

For me it was impossible and wanted to check if they have windows in the other side, went from the left side no window but the road was blocked (dead end) same when I went investigating the right side no window but couldn't reach the front side because there was a main road leading to a highway.

I went back again to the initial place and stopped to think about the next steps. and 3 police show up :

- Good afternoon Sir ! what are you doing here ?

- Nothing special just walking

- Ok ! but why did you stopped ?

Now this is where TIFU, because I really wanted to give them a useful answer but I couldn't explain why I stopped... so I told them calmly :

- Sorry Sir, but I didn't understood your question.. I was walking and I don't know why I stopped. It just happens, my brain told me to stop, maybe I was tired of walking or I just wanted to stop and think...

They were looking at me like I am an idiot and one of them said that my behaviour is suspicious walking back and fourth and then stopping.

Seriously I didn't understood what's the problem... But I decided to explain everything from the beginning, visiting a friend, building with no windows which is strange in residential area, my investigation and walking to the left to the right of this building and then I stopped and I can't explain why I stopped.

And then they explained to me that it's a military barracks and I should'nt stay here.

Everything started to make sense and felt like a dumb not understanding their questions lol And of course I left immediately with embarassement 😂

TLDR : I walked ~10 minutes around a building with no windows, Police stopped me.. Turns out it was a military barracks. I also told Police that I can't explain why I stopped.

Edit : Spelling + wrong translation of Military Barracks. I translated it as Military base in the first post

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by plastering a permanent male appendage onto my brother’s wall.

I M17, plastered a massive one square meter schlong onto my brothers wall today. For revenge. Last week I woke up from a nice, calming dream and opened my eyes to see an A4 peice of paper taped on my roof that said “Fck you.” directly above my head. there was no reason behind it. When I confronted my brother about it his reasoning was that he was bored. I thought it ended at that, so I got my brother back by putting saran wrap around his door and I made paper chains with little insults written on each loop and I taped that to his roof. He simply laughed and asked if I “found them yet?” I was confused what he meant by that but he wouldn’t say anything else so I left it at that. A few days later. At 12:00 at night, a poster from my wall falls to the ground, and behind the poster is a note tapped to my wall. (Crazy coincidence, it’s like my bedroom purposefully uncovered the note) The note had “tickle my urethra.” Written on it. I then decided to check behind a poster next to it to see ...