Skip to main content

TIFU by oversharing with the guy I liked

I (18f) don't know what to do. I think I screwed things up big time yesterday with the guy I like (22m) we'll call him V. So me and V have been talking for not that long, maybe twoish months? We have a lot in common and I really do enjoy his company. He's a really sweet guy, he has a strong set of morals, he's funny, and he does a great job of making me actually feel wanted. Now here's where I messed up.

We were at a party together yesterday and I'll admit, I cannot hold my liquor for the life of me. I ended up oversharing a lot about my family to V yesterday and I'm so angry at myself for not realizing the fact that he was probably uncomfortable with it until it was too late. On the ride home, he all of a sudden wouldn't look and me and started to shut down. I feel so angry at myself for blabbing on about things he probably didn't know. Anyways, when we got to my house, he would normally give me a kiss goodbye or walk me to the door but he didn't yesterday. Earlier this morning I got a text from him saying he doesn't want to do this anymore.

I've been feeling like absolute shit all this morning and I don't know what to do. Part of me wants to apologize and see if we can give this another shot and another part of me wants to respect his wishes. Reddit, what do I do? Even though I barely met this guy, I fell for him and fell for him hard.

TLDR: I couldn't hold my liquor and overshared with the guy I liked, pretty much blowing my chances with him :/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by plastering a permanent male appendage onto my brother’s wall.

I M17, plastered a massive one square meter schlong onto my brothers wall today. For revenge. Last week I woke up from a nice, calming dream and opened my eyes to see an A4 peice of paper taped on my roof that said “Fck you.” directly above my head. there was no reason behind it. When I confronted my brother about it his reasoning was that he was bored. I thought it ended at that, so I got my brother back by putting saran wrap around his door and I made paper chains with little insults written on each loop and I taped that to his roof. He simply laughed and asked if I “found them yet?” I was confused what he meant by that but he wouldn’t say anything else so I left it at that. A few days later. At 12:00 at night, a poster from my wall falls to the ground, and behind the poster is a note tapped to my wall. (Crazy coincidence, it’s like my bedroom purposefully uncovered the note) The note had “tickle my urethra.” Written on it. I then decided to check behind a poster next to it to see ...