- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
So I am 21, so obviously I do struggle with FOMO when it comes to "living out my twenties" especially because I am a very sensitive person, I feel like it is hard to put myself out there and really be like a social butterfly, party girl type. Well, a mutual friend was going to this huge festival rave type thing in our state and she is a VERY experienced raver who is pretty hard-core about it so I assumed she knew her stuff and that it must be a very big deal so I went.
Well, I got stuck in traffic on the way there so I was a little bit late. My friend had already gotten in early so she didn't have anything to worry about. Meanwhile I was stuck in a two hour line that literally wrapped around the building and parking lot in 105 degrees with humidity. We were dripping sweat, people were passing out and having medical emergencies, and water bottles were banned at this venue because they wanted us to buy water in the actual place after being admitted. My makeup and deodorant already came halfway off by the time I got in.
My friend texted me that she was at the very, very front right underneath the DJ and that I had to find her because she can "see everything" from the front. Well I am trying to squeeze closer to her and she kept texting "I can't see you at all, you have to come a LOT closer than where you are." The crowd was so overpopulated that we start getting jammed like sardines. I got severely stuck in between people multiple times and couldn't barely move because every time I would move closer to the front, the row behind me would just push harder and crush me.
Eventually I got to the front and tried to have a good time, but then I left an hour early because I desperately needed water and a snow cone to rehydrate myself. I refilled a plastic bottle at a refill station and walked out with it, and security confiscated it from me and threw it away! I was shocked but I already drank from it so I was like man, whatever.
My friend forgot to tell me how hard it was to get an Uber home, as she normally just drives her own car to and from raves, but I lost her because she was still by the stage an hour later meanwhile I was outside trying to get home by myself. The Uber and Lyft app both crashed for me because of all the people in one area also trying to get Ubers and whenever I did get something it was always $100 for like a 15-20 minute ride.
Eventually I couldn't take it anymore and walked down a hill at 3am in the dark and called my dad to pick me up. He did pick me up but he was complaining about how irresponsible I was, etc.
So yeah. No more crazy parties for me. At least for a while. I am not gonna lie, I really regret going tbh like yeah I did have a few good things happen to me that night and ppl were nice to me in the actual rave area but the other issues that happened basically ruined the night since I was severely overheated, dehydrated, exhausted and walking in the dark street alone at 3am.
I felt like a loser because I feel like a lot of girls in their twenties make the party lifestyle seem so easy and effortless but whenever I say yes to an invite like this because of FOMO, it never rlly ends well. I feel like I am always overextending myself or going way out of my way to have a mediocre experience at best. I have learned the hard way that sometimes it's just better to be boring and lame and just stay home. Because even though the event was said to be such a big deal, influencers and people from all other states were flying in to be there, it just wasn't the experience I thought it was and I wish it never happened tbh.
TL;DR: fell for peer pressure and FOMO, went to a huge oversold festival rave thing trying to be cool, ended up having the worst night of my life :(
Comments
Post a Comment