- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
My daughter, 7, loves Minecraft, and needs help making an apology gift for a friend at school who also loves Minecraft. So, as any good mother with autism, ADHD and a wild collection of crafts, I agreed to make a green Minecraft slime. I intended to use polymer clay for the inside and resin for the outside.
To make it a little extra special, I decided to use some of my glow in the dark pigment in the resin. Now, this should have been the moment I questioned my idea because this isn't just ANY glue in the dark pigment. It's Stuart Semple's, neon green LIT, the worlds strongest glow in the dark pigment. As I sprinkled a small amount into the resin, I noticed it accidentally spilled on the table. I quickly use my hand to wipe it away, but it smears. What follows was about 3 hours of the same issue happening over and over as I try to gradually later this resin and cure it to avoid bubbles and uncured resin. Once finished, it was already late at night and my husband, who needs to be up early, is already in bed asleep.
I clean up, then head upstairs to bed with my dog. I quietly walk in the room and get into bed, avoiding waking my sleeping husband. I get comfortable and call the dog (a small dachshund mix) to come and settle next to me as normal, so she can get pets until we fall asleep. However, it's only then do I realize my hands and fingernails are now glowing in such a freakish way, that my dog suddenly sees this bright object heading towards her from under the blanket and she loses her damn mind. She immediately jumps back, circles the parameter of the bed and seeks the safety of my husband as a physical barrier from what she can only perceive as doggy demons or "the claw". I try to comfort her by slowly getting closer to pet her and show it's ok, but this turned out to be the worst possible thing I could have done. Within a split second, fearing that she was being cornered by two terrifying hell creatures, the dog does what can only be described as a weenie wiggle of death, over my sleeping husband and directly into his face. Where she then uses his face to kangaroo kick as fast as she can away from me. Unfortunately this resulted in her not only flying off the bed in the dark, but running head first into the wall.
My husband wakes up, his face hurts and he doesn't know why and our dog is now under the bed, likely also with a face that hurts.
TL;DR: I got ultra strong glow in the dark pigment on my hands, went to bed, my dog freaked out and ninja kicked my sleeping husband in the face and probably gave herself a concussion.
Comments
Post a Comment