- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
This happened about a week ago and I still feel so stupid about it. My girlfriend and I went to her parents' house for dinner. It was a great meal. I had a few glasses of wine. Then after dinner, we sat around and talked. I had a few more glasses of wine and some bourbon. I was definitely a bit buzzed.
My girlfriend's mother randomly brought up that she read about a woman who got pregnant after her boyfriend's condom broke. In a very awkward way I blurted out, "Well we don't have to worry about that." All of a sudden my girlfriend's mother got a serious look on her face. She asked me, "What, you two don't use condoms?"
The truth is we don't use condoms. My girlfriend is on birth control. Her mother is totally against it and thinks birth control is harmful to the woman's body. They have gotten into arguments about it, but my girlfriend is an adult and it's her body and I support her. But she purposely didn't tell her mother to avoid more arguments.
My girlfriend instantly jumped in and said that we don't want to talk about it. I could see how upset her mother got, but she didn't mention it the rest of the night. My girlfriend gave me a real angry look. I was kind of quiet the rest of the night.
On the ride home, my girlfriend was still kind of angry at me. But the next day she decided to have a talk with her mother and explain to her that she has been on birth control for our entire relationship. They came to some understanding, and hopefully there won't be any more arguments about it. I realized when I drink I should just shut up.
TL;DR: I accidentally told my girlfriend's parents that we don't use condoms. She found out that my girlfriend is on birth control the next day.
Comments
Post a Comment