- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
This actually happened a while ago, but I once wanted to refill my humidifier and was too lazy to bring the entire thing to the toilet to fill it up from the sink.
My mum has this habit of reusing bottles after we finish them. Coke bottles, Sprite bottles, whatever. She would fill them with mineral water and put them in the fridge so we always have cold water.
So naturally, I opened the fridge looking for one.
I saw a big Coke bottle filled with what was very obviously water, grabbed it, and poured it into my humidifier.
It cleared at least HALF of the bottle. Nothing seemed wrong. Humidifier was running. Room was being humidified. Life was good.
About half an hour later, my domestic helper came up to me and asked:
“Did you drink the water from the Coke bottle?”
I was like, “Why?”
She said, “That’s Zamzam." 💀
For context, Zamzam water is holy water in Islam that comes from the Zamzam well in Mecca. Muslims often bring it home after performing pilgrimage, so it’s considered special and definitely not something you would intentionally dump half a giant bottle of into a fucking humidifier.
And then it clicked.
My parents had literally just come back from pilgrimage. They had brought Zamzam water home.
And for reasons known only to God and my household, SOMEONE HAD PUT THE HOLY WATER IN A BIG ASS COKE BOTTLE.
Meanwhile, for the past half an hour, my humidifier had been happily dispersing holy water throughout my bedroom.
So technically, I didn’t just humidify my room.
I fucking purified it.
And obviously I couldn’t bring myself to admit what I’d done, so I looked my helper in the eye and told her that yes, I drank the water.
Apparently I had just casually consumed half a giant Coke bottle’s worth of Zamzam water by myself.
Fuck.
--
TL;DR: I mistook a Coke bottle full of holy water for regular drinking water and poured half of it into my humidifier. When my helper asked if I drank it, I panicked and said yes. So I accidentally purified my bedroom and apparently drank half a giant bottle of holy water in one sitting.
Comments
Post a Comment