- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I was coming home carrying groceries when a guy was standing outside my building saying his fob wasn't working. Normally I don't let random people in, but while we were talking Milo, one of the dogs in the building, came through the lobby with his dog walker.
The guy immediately went "hey Milo" and Milo got super excited and walked right up to him. The dog walker clearly didn't know the guy either, but she didn't seem concerned, so between that and Milo recognizing him I figured he had to live there or at least belong there somehow.
That was enough proof for my stupid brain apparently.
I held the door open for him and went upstairs. Maybe 20 minutes later I hear yelling in the hallway, then someone knocking on doors asking if anybody had let a guy inside.
Turns out he actually used to live in the building, which is why he knew Milo. What I didn't know was that his ex still lives here and he specifically wasn't supposed to have access anymore.
He went straight to her apartment and started knocking, asking her to come out and talk to him. She stayed inside and told him to leave, and eventually called someone to come over because he wasn't going away.
Nothing violent happened thankfully, but building management checked the cameras and of course there's a beautiful HD recording of me basically welcoming him inside like a hotel doorman.
Now they're talking about changing the entry system and sent everyone another reminder about not letting people tailgate in. I had some money saved for finally replacing my dying laptop this month and I'm just hoping they don't somehow try charging me for anything related to this.
I apologized to his ex afterward and she was nicer about it than I deserved. Still feel like an absolute idiot because the entire reason I trusted him was that he knew a dog's name.
TL;DR: Guy outside my building knew one of the resident dogs because he used to live there, so I assumed he belonged and let him inside. He was actually there trying to confront his ex, who had specifically made sure he no longer had access.
Comments
Post a Comment