Skip to main content

TIFU by bringing spicy cookies to work without knowing we had a food thief

One thing about me is that I love any and every spicy  food. So I recently learned how to make xocolatl cookies, which are basically molasses cookies with cocoa powder, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. They’re delicious and IMO the hotter the better, so I’ve been baking my batches pretty spicy. I didn’t expect this to be a problem since I’m the only person who eats my cooking. So yesterday I had two cookies in my lunchbox and I had put my lunchbox in the fridge at my work, as you do.

Middle of the afternoon, before I even had a chance to take lunch, I heard a whole bunch of freaking out happening in the break room. Because apparently one of my coworkers, Todd, stole one of my cookies out of the fridge, and then had a bad reaction to the cayenne and threw up on the floor. Todd was saying that someone pranked him, so I said that it wasn’t a prank and asked why he would be eating my cookies. He didn’t really answer and just kept talking about how I made them spicy on purpose to prank him, and other people started asking me if that was true.

This conversation was how I found out that some people have been having their snacks stolen out of the work fridge, which it now seemed pretty obvious that it was Todd doing it. Nobody had said anything to me about this, I honestly had no idea it was happening. But once people found out the cookies were mine, I started getting accused of deliberately putting spicy cookies in the fridge to trick/punish the thief. A couple of people said that what I did could count as food tampering and I was lucky that Todd didn’t have an allergic reaction bad enough to have to go to the hospital or anything. A lot more people said that Todd got what he deserved for taking food that wasn’t his, but I wasn’t even happy about people “taking my side” because they all still think I did it intentionally.

At one point my supervisor pulled me in to ask me about it and if I messed with Todd on purpose. I told him the truth pretty much how I explained it just now, and also made sure he knew that I’m not even that mad that Todd stole a cookie. It’s definitely a crappy thing to do but I wouldn’t have felt a need to take revenge over it. Supervisor’s attitude was basically that he didn’t believe me but didn’t have any proof to be able to do anything about it. So the silver lining is that I’m not in any actual trouble, but it still sucks that everyone is talking about it constantly and accusing me of something I didn’t do.

It’s also extra awkward because I barely even know Todd, I think I've had maybe one actual conversation with him. If it had been someone I’m actually friendly with then I feel like we could maybe try to talk it out, but I don’t feel like that would go too well in this situation.

So, yeah. T(technically yesterday)IFU.

TL;DR: I put spicy cookies in the work fridge without knowing a coworker was stealing food from the work fridge, the obvious happened and now everyone thinks I did it on purpose for revenge,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by plastering a permanent male appendage onto my brother’s wall.

I M17, plastered a massive one square meter schlong onto my brothers wall today. For revenge. Last week I woke up from a nice, calming dream and opened my eyes to see an A4 peice of paper taped on my roof that said “Fck you.” directly above my head. there was no reason behind it. When I confronted my brother about it his reasoning was that he was bored. I thought it ended at that, so I got my brother back by putting saran wrap around his door and I made paper chains with little insults written on each loop and I taped that to his roof. He simply laughed and asked if I “found them yet?” I was confused what he meant by that but he wouldn’t say anything else so I left it at that. A few days later. At 12:00 at night, a poster from my wall falls to the ground, and behind the poster is a note tapped to my wall. (Crazy coincidence, it’s like my bedroom purposefully uncovered the note) The note had “tickle my urethra.” Written on it. I then decided to check behind a poster next to it to see ...