Skip to main content

TIFU by not cleaning my toothbrush holder

TIFU by not cleaning my toothbrush holder

NSFL is more accurate, you've been warned.

A while back I started getting an itchy spot on the palm of my hand right at the ball of my pinky finger. I do some hobby metal and wood work so I just figured it was a burr or splinter that got embedded and it would work its way out. It hasn't, if anything, it's gotten worse, and at night, before bed, I had started noticing a smelly yellow crust around the cracked skin in that area. That's when I really started looking for causes. I couldn't pin anything down, until I was brushing my teeth one night, and saw yellow goop on my hand, right where I was holding the end of the brush. I looked hard at the toothbrush holder, and it all made sense. At the bottom of the plastic thing where I keep my brush, there was yellow gunk, right where the end of the brush touched it. My little lizard brain put two and two together and I realized that I've been introducing a fungus or mold or whatever it is, right onto my hand, and the back and forth motion from brushing was probably irritating the skin just enough to get it into the layers. This was two days ago. Since then, I've been washing my toothbrush with soap and water before using it, then washing my hands both before (as I usually did) and after brushing my teeth. I've also been more diligent about cleaning the holder. The cracked, irritated skin has started clearing right up, and it's not even itching now. Before anyone says anything, I keep a cover on my toothbrush regardless so the part that goes into my mouth has always been kept clean. I'm going to look into one of those racks where the end of the toothbrush doesn't even touch anything.

TL;DR: I wasn't cleaning my toothbrush holder well and ended up introducing an itchy fungus into the skin of my hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by plastering a permanent male appendage onto my brother’s wall.

I M17, plastered a massive one square meter schlong onto my brothers wall today. For revenge. Last week I woke up from a nice, calming dream and opened my eyes to see an A4 peice of paper taped on my roof that said “Fck you.” directly above my head. there was no reason behind it. When I confronted my brother about it his reasoning was that he was bored. I thought it ended at that, so I got my brother back by putting saran wrap around his door and I made paper chains with little insults written on each loop and I taped that to his roof. He simply laughed and asked if I “found them yet?” I was confused what he meant by that but he wouldn’t say anything else so I left it at that. A few days later. At 12:00 at night, a poster from my wall falls to the ground, and behind the poster is a note tapped to my wall. (Crazy coincidence, it’s like my bedroom purposefully uncovered the note) The note had “tickle my urethra.” Written on it. I then decided to check behind a poster next to it to see ...