Skip to main content

TIFU by not speaking to a really pretty girl despite repeated encounters

God I am such an idiot. So I'm in Croatia for vacation, and I'm staying at a hostel. Well, first day I come in I realise my bunkmate is this really pretty girl.

I figure what the hell, maybe at some point I'll talk to her, but I planned my trip a bit too much and I really didn't have a lot of spare time until today. I was supposed to go to a tour of the Plitvice National Parks, and well, it was at 7 in the morning. I wake up, and I see the girl is also awake and we accidentally almost collide have an awkward laugh but that is about it.

I don't think more of it, until I see our travel group and I see a really familiar face. I'm certain this is the same girl, but I think well clearly it cannot be that big of a coincidence right, so I think meh, maybe I misremember.

Turns out towards the end of the tour, we head towards the same place, and we run into each other in our room, and well have the weird hello and smiles yet again.

I figure what the hell, maybe next time something happens I'll speak to her.

I was eating dinner at this restaurant and I think she also was there, we had a brief time of eye contact but I left, and thought well maybe I'm mistaken.

I go towards the beach after dinner to take it all in and process the trip, and it starts raining. I start running back to my hostel, and lo and behold, she's also there, and I'm practically ahead of her, keeping doors open for a while while running.

And again while removing off water again the same awkward laughs and what not, but not a single word from me.

I don't know the hell was wrong with me, but I did not speak with her. I think there couldn't have been a better opportunity but alas. I'm now just sullen at what happened and trying to fall asleep so that I wake in time for my flight tomorrow.

Why would I not speak, sheesh.

TL;DR: Ran in with a really pretty girl multiple times who lived in the same hostel group as me on a trip and yet for some reason never spoke to her. Totally screwed up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TIFU by not disabling an option in Windows that seemingly made my PC stutter for the last 3 years

I bought a pretty good PC in 2019 (2300 € of goodness) but, a few months after I installed it, the PC started to have, at random, small freeze for like a second, every 10 to 50 min for seemingly no reason. I did tons of benchmark, pretty much read every posts about "my PC is stuttering/freezing help meee" on the internet, called the After Sale number from where I bought the PC. Removing and putting the GPU back helped for a few weeks, but then back to square one. Checked the state of my disks, the ventirad, everything ! Restarting the PC made the stuttering stop for like 1 or 2 hours that's it. I had GPU-Z and CPUID monitor on all the time to check if anything happened, and weirdly enough, having those monitoring program open made the stuttering way weaker ! Drove me absolutely crazy. Then one or two weeks ago I saw a post on r/buildapc about Fast Startup option in Windows and how it was a good idea to disable it... So I did. Since then, nothing. No stuttering, no f...

TIFU by accidentally adding the police to a private WhatsApp group for private poker nights / sports betting events.

So Poker is highly regulated here in Belgium, so is being a bookie. Yet for the past I don't know how many years I (first with some friends, now alone) have been organizing some private poker nights and have ran a private sports betting competition. This sounds like a big deal, but in reality it isn't. None of the proceeds go to me, nor is there a rake during the poker nights. Problem is: these poker nights happen in 2 pubs after hours when they are closed, both pub owners are really good mates of me. So technically the pubs might be violating the law even though people bring their own booze (some will bring a bottle of Wodka, some a crate of beer, etc ...), pub owners don't actually sell anything during those nights (technically, in practice they sometimes just serve at their cost). The buy-in is also limited to €25 euro (no rebuy), so they are basically soft home games, just taking place in a pub behind closed doors. And everyone knows each other. Most of these people...

TIFU by plastering a permanent male appendage onto my brother’s wall.

I M17, plastered a massive one square meter schlong onto my brothers wall today. For revenge. Last week I woke up from a nice, calming dream and opened my eyes to see an A4 peice of paper taped on my roof that said “Fck you.” directly above my head. there was no reason behind it. When I confronted my brother about it his reasoning was that he was bored. I thought it ended at that, so I got my brother back by putting saran wrap around his door and I made paper chains with little insults written on each loop and I taped that to his roof. He simply laughed and asked if I “found them yet?” I was confused what he meant by that but he wouldn’t say anything else so I left it at that. A few days later. At 12:00 at night, a poster from my wall falls to the ground, and behind the poster is a note tapped to my wall. (Crazy coincidence, it’s like my bedroom purposefully uncovered the note) The note had “tickle my urethra.” Written on it. I then decided to check behind a poster next to it to see ...